Monday, April 23, 2012

A Wreath and Coffee Table Kind of Day

Today I decided to do something that would remind me of Spring - considering it was in the low-40's and raining for the 2nd day in a row. Our sunny weather is M-I-A, and I needed something that would warm my spirit, if not my bones.

I drove out to AC Moore and grabbed a 14" grapevine wreath and all these beautiful silk flowers: pink Joyous Gerberas (okay the name says enough!), Lemon Leaves, pink Lupinus, onion leaves, green Pom Poms, and a greenish-pink hydrangea.



On the drive back home, we also stopped by a thrift store, where I found my next paint project: a curvy coffee table with beautiful carved accents. And a lovely decorative pull handle. Check her out!





This is going to look so pretty when it gets a fresh coat of paint and dark wax in those carved spots!

That means I have to finish up the dresser I am currently working on. I gave it a final coat of paint today. If its any nicer outside tomorrow, I will wax and distress it lightly. The final step will be to polish up the hardware and put it back on. Pics to come - I promise. But, here's a sneak peek...I love this color!


So back to the wreath...

I got home, snipped the flowers off their stems and got out the trusty hot glue gun. Then I just started glueing those bad boys on. In about an hour it was all done! Here's a little trick I learned online for getting rid of the pesky hot glue strings - zap them with a hot hair dryer for a few seconds. They disappear!




The weather outside might be less-than-perfect, but the inside of my door looks mighty nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment