Friday, April 20, 2012

Tangerine - my new favorite color


Today while strolling through Home Goods, I came upon this gorgeous set of orange beauties! Aren't they fabulous? I stopped, stared, touched them longingly, and imagined how perfect one would be inside my recently "refreshed" master bedroom. You might remember from my Facebook posts a couple months back, that I added a few tangerine accents to my otherwise blue (aka drab) decor.


I love this bust, but Saxon is afraid of it. He doesn't even like to look at her.



I'm not really a fan of silk flowers, but these look like the flowers in the painting below and I just had to have a few. They're on my bedside table, and feel so springy.



This painting hangs above our expresso-wood headboard. It really changed the room and brightened it up!



These throw pillows are probably a little too feminine for my hubby's taste, but he endures them without a word. Gotta love that!

So, when I saw those tangerine chairs today, I would have loved to snag one for the corner of the room.  But, I refrained. I had that conversation with myself...you know, the one that goes something like this, "Traci, do you really NEED that chair?"

Of course not. I just want the chair. My inner voice of reason, the one that pointed out the more practical things I should buy with the money, won. Bitch. I hate her.

So, here I sit - thinking about those chairs, as I am sure to do over the course of several days - browsing the net for other tangerine goodies to drool over.


I will not put roosters in my kitchen...I will not put roosters in my kitchen. Oh, but maybe just this one rooster. How cute it this!


Wow - those chandeliers make a bold statement! I love them! The site where I grabbed this image says that Tango Tangerine is the Pantone 2012 Color of the Year. Guess that's why we're seeing various shades of orange all over fashion and home decor. While I love the color, what happens next year, when the color of the year is something like Perfectly Plum? I suppose they could be painted easily enough!


This is a great little space, and the tangerine accent wall looks great behind those floating shelves. So sophisticated. I must have a tiny nook like this in my house somewhere just begging for attention!

This is where I get up, start pacing around the house, looking for a place where I can paint and drive nails into the wall. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment