Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Turquoise & Lime Spring Table-Setting

There's something about the combination of bright green and robin-egg blue that just says Spring. I love turquoise and when I was at The Lucketts Store the other day, I picked up a few items that inspired me to decorate a Spring table-setting. And setting a fancy table like this, makes me just want to cook!




Believe me, I don't decorate my table often. My little guy thinks that the eggs and birds are toys, and if left to his own devices (like when I'm in the shower and watchful eyes are turned), they'd be on the floor in itsy-bitsy pieces before too long. But, for special occasions I like to fancy it up. And perhaps when my hubby comes home from his adventures overseas, we'll have a lunch-date!




The blue ceramic eggs are from The Luckett's Design House. At $3 each I thought they were a steal! And those little butterfly cups came from there as well - again cheap - just $5.  The glass dome is from inside one of the vendor booths of the Luckett's Store. I found these beautiful plates inside the gift shop of the St. Michael's Winery, in St. Michael's, MD. The white birds are from a Hallmark store, and the nests they are perched atop came from a flower shop in Manassas, VA called The Flower Gallery.  I love that place, and it smells divine inside.




The plates, saucers, napkins, napkin rings, placemats and plastic tumblers were all purchased from my favorite French home goods store - Tar-Get.  (hee hee) Don't ya just love those twine-wrapped rings? I love the natural material - keeps the look from getting too serious, and like the nests, gives it an earthy, natural feeling.




These little urns and topiaries came from The Luckett's Design Home too. I decided to make place cards (in case Damon and I can't figure out which seat is which) from card stock taped to a tooth-pick and plucked down inside the greenery. Almost looks like a garden tag, right?



The antique blue bell jar makes a pretty vase for these lovely daffodils, picked up by my equally-lovely neighbor, Jen, at our local Giant grocery store. Thanks girl! (They've brightened an otherwise crappy day. Maybe I'll share why in a future post.)

The entire table lifts my spirits. Now I just have to work on the appetizer, main course and dessert! Thank goodness sweet potato chips come in a bag!


No comments:

Post a Comment