So, here's the new and improved dresser in French Linen (Pardon my make-shift staging in the garage. It's just too heavy for me to get into the house by myself.):
Remember what it used to look like? Heavily stained, majorly dinged up, with pulls covered in years of grime, and probably the same stain on the wood.
Now the beautiful curves and carved sides are accented with light distressing, and sealed with clear wax.
I chose not to distress very heavily on the fronts of the drawers and did not distress on the top at all - except along the edges. Where you do see distressing, it was done to intentionally accent areas that were already imperfect - like scratches or dents.
And the drawer pulls got a good cleaning with Brasso. They had been heavily stained with the same wood stain that was on the old dresser, and covered with years of dirt and grime. Look how lovely they are now - they shine and you can really see the intricate metalwork.
I had so much fun watching this transformation happen before my eyes. As soon as I started painting the drawers with the first coat, I was amazed at the difference. Amazed!
This dresser is for sale, along with a few other pieces I have completed lately. Click here to see my inventory: Items for Sale