Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Why am I blogging about home stuff anyway?

Hi there friends, family and complete-strangers-off-the-street whom I probably begged to start following this blog...I'm at it again, with a new blog about all-things related to beautifying my home. Why? For a couple of reasons really.

First, I've done a few things around my house - do-it-yourself type stuff. I'm talking easy things here, no power tools-needed kind of projects. Like the curtains below. They were too short when I got them home. And buying those really long ones were super-expensive. So, I found some pretty fabric and hot glued it to the bottom. Voila! I want to share these easy how-to's, so my neighbors and friends can try their hands at it (and stop asking me to come do it for them).  Kidding of course!



Reason 2:  I like to write. I studied Professional Writing in college, and still haven't written a book. Blogging might be as good as it gets.

Reason 3: I like sharing photos of my house. It makes me feel all warm and happy inside when people compliment the things I've tried. Like a glass of wine! And I'm addicted to Pinterest, and nothing would make me as giddy as seeing one of my pics end up there. No subtle hints here.

Reason 4: I am trying something new, and this is a good place to document the results (more on that in my next post!)

So there you have it, that's the gist of why I am blogging about home stuff. I'm certainly no expert. I have no special degrees, certifications or other piece of paper saying I know what I am talking about. I don't. I just know what I like to look at. On my walls, in the corners, around my windows and on the mantel. And talking about it here is fun! Let's share the good, the bad, and the "wow - that did not turn out as I hoped!"

I hope you'll come along, and tell me what ya think! Thanks!







No comments:

Post a Comment