Sunday, June 22, 2014

Simply Said at The Empty Nest

Today I had the pleasure of doing a Simply Said party with Janet from The Empty Nest - a delightful  shop that sells Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. Janet and I go back a few years -- I had met her during Annie Sloan's US tour, when she was in Leesburg, VA. I was attending and brand new to chalk paint. Someone introduced her to me as my local stockist (back then she was a booth-holder in an antiques shop). Now Janet has a gorgeous shop full of amazing furniture and goodies in Old Town Warrenton, VA. When I was painting furniture I was in her shop almost weekly. Talk about inspiration - check it out!

Ahhh - the mother lode!





Janet's shop is a feast for the eyes! She has chalk paint, antiques, painted furniture, hand-crafted items, repurposed items, lovely textiles, and so much more! I could browse for hours!

She was so kind in offering to host a party for me in the shop. I set up in the back and we had a nice crowd join us to learn how to use Simply Said in their decorating. Here's a few shots from the party!

Janet put out quite the spread!


 I loved the welcome sign!!


My Simply Said display included a few painted items, as well as Simply Said's accessories and designs.

 In this picture I am removing the grid paper from the back of a design.

Here I am demonstrating how to easily hang a design on the wall. 

I had such a nice time chatting with the women who came. I loved hearing their ideas for using Simply Said. One lady, named Sue, is planning on creating a custom design using Simply Said's online tool, called Your Way. She's going to make a back-splash design that I have no doubt will be the conversation piece of her kitchen!

This was certainly a fun venue for a party! Big thanks and appreciation go out to my friend, Janet! if you're in the Warrenton, VA area, be sure to check out The Empty Nest!


1 comment: