Sunday, January 11, 2015

Christmas decorations!

This is starting to sound like a broken record - it's been a while since my last blog post. I was doing good there for a while with writing and keeping the content coming. But, life gets busy, and I get lazy. And my back went kerplunk in October (that's a whole other story)! So let's just move on and try to get back into the swing of things!

I can't let January end without a few shots of my home at the holidays. I LOVE Christmas decorations - LOVE them. And even though I was struggling big time between November and December, I still managed to get the house done - with a lot of help from my mother in law and son. Thank you to both of them - as well as my father in law and neighbor, Hudson, who helped set up my big tree and huff all the storage bins up from the basement! His wife, Tara, also strung the lights on my outside tree! You guys rock!

So here's some of my favorites and new items this year...

A countdown design from Simply Said. Saxon loved moving the magnet each day! 

Another Simply Said item - the "No Place Like Home for the Holidays" distressed board, next to a lantern from Pottery Barn.

I purchased this photo of Arlington National Cemetery locally, from photographer Gail Vitikacs.


The lights on these garlands worked last season, but this season not a one would light. Go figure. I was too incapacitated to really care, let alone go buy new ones. So, up they went. And honestly, I still love how they look.

My bestie, Sharon, came to visit after the holiday and brought me this sweet pillow.  I love it!


I found the doe at Anthropologie this summer and added a red bow.

Scored two of these adorable polar bears at Pottery Barn after Christmas last year. Half price baby!


A neighbor was selling this Willow House chandelier. I grabbed it and added the candles and greenery.

Here's my tree. I love this tree. She's so pretty!

There's still presents under the tree because my hubby comes home next week from Afghanistan. He'll be home for a few weeks and we'll be celebrating Christmas!


The last two years I have gone to Great Gatherings for ornaments. The day after Christmas they mark them down half price! Here's some of my fav's!








This one came from The Empty Nest in Warrenton last year. Still one of my absolute favorites!



The paper flowers and butterfly were from Cracker Barrel this year.



This Summer hubby gave me this Eiffel Tower ornament!



The bedding was purchased from Stein Mart this season- wow, it was super cheap! I think the King quilt was only $39!!

It's all staying up until after Damon comes home and we celebrate. Plus, I really need his help to take it all down and put it away. Since he was away when we put it all up, I think it will be nice to play holiday music while we take it down. I know that's backwards, but I want him to feel some of the "special," too.

Stay tuned for what's next in our great room - it's got me a little "grey!" And not in a sad way, either. 



No comments:

Post a Comment