Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Recent paint projects

It's been a while since I posted about my recent paint projects. Here's some of the goodies that have rolled out of the garage!

This twin sleigh bed is fit for a princess. She's painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Antoinette. I sealed the paint with soft clear wax, and aged lightly with dark wax. I added a wooden applique to the head board and brushed it with gold gilding wax. There's a touch of the gold on the footboard too. This bed makes me wish I had a little girl!


BEFORE - a yellowish whitewash look



AFTER!!




My husband asked if I would paint his dart board box. So here it is in ASCP's Graphite, with about 3 coats of dark wax to bring the shade closer to black. It had been a cherry color. Sorry I forgot to snap a before shot.


BEFORE

AFTER

This is an old lyre chair I picked up at auction. I gave it a coat of Old White, lots of distressing, and both clear and dark wax. I easily swapped out new fabric for the seat as well. I still have the matching chair to finish - better get on it!


BEFORE

AFTER

Here's a pretty jewelry armoire who's finish had seen better days. I painted in ASCP's Duck Egg Blue. I painted the knobs in Graphite. This piece turned out so funky with its scrolled legs - loved it!


BEFORE

AFTER

I did a custom toy box for a client who was gifting it to her friend's newborn baby girl, Scarlett. She selected Emile and Versailles - such a pretty color combo! I stenciled the french motif on the sides. 

To create the name, I used a "transfer" technique. First, I printed "Scarlett" using my computer's 
word-processing application onto 2 sheets of 8.5 x 11 paper. Then I taped it together and placed it over transfer paper. I laid them over top the wood, and used a stylis to "trace" the lettering onto the box. Then I filled in the letters with paint! Easy-breezy!

BEFORE


A client purchased a pair of off-the-shelf, unfinished pine cabinets. We painted them in Paris Grey and used dark wax to give them a rustic finish. They are hanging in her mud room over the laundry. 
They look great!

Here's what I have to work on next...


Aren't they amazing! I've gotten the fabric removed so far, but that's it. Time to work!


1 comment: