Sunday, March 17, 2013

The decoupaged document dresser

Say that three times fast! (I love a good tongue-twister)

Here's one of my latest paint projects - an Ethan Allen dresser with matching mirror. It started off a golden honey color, and now looks like this:


I painted the whole thing in Old White. It's heavily distressed and sealed with clear wax. Dark wax was added for aging. A while back I ordered several rolls of document wrapping paper from Ballard Designs, and this piece was begging for something different. A little Mod Podge and the drawer fronts got a cool new look. And to make it even more unique, I pulled out the BBQ lighter and scorched the edges of each piece of paper. (my house stunk for days!)



What's next? I've got a couple of unfinished wall cabinets to do for a client, and a girly toy box to personalize with stencils for another. My own stash includes two twin beds to finish, and two antique chairs to paint and reupholster! I seriously gotta buckle down and get in the garage! Later friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment