Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Decorating with lambs and sheep

I don't know what is happening to me. Seriously, as I get older, the corniest shit is becoming appealing! Ten years ago I would have NEVER put a rabbit out as decor at Easter. Last year, a stroll through HomeGoods and the bunnies were hopping in my cart!

This is last year's loot. Eggs and bunnies. 

This year I am swooning over lambs. I want a portrait of a baby lamb for Easter! Like Miss Mustard Seed's cow below? Have you seen her cool cow painting, I love it!




Just look at this image...its so beautiful! This would hang in my home all year!

Or this... precious! 




And I probably could be tempted to add a lamb end table to my living room! Hubby might object however. But, how frigging cute are they!!

How else could I bring lambs into my decor without it looking like a baby's nursery?


Pillows! This is cute. There's tons of lamb and sheep fabric for sale online, so if this print doesn't float your boat, find another and make your own cute accessories!




While I haven't learned to knit yet, this little ceramic bowl (for holding yarn) speaks to me. I love the simplicity of it - very nordic folk artsy!



These needle-felted wool lambs are precious and I want a whole flock of them to decorate my fireplace mantel for Easter!!

Prints, posters, and paintings of lambs or sheep - I'd keep them year-round, too!



A sheep rug? This looks so luxurious (its faux). However, with a dog and small boy in the house, its just not practical, right now. And maybe too over-the-top for me.



This I would do! A vintage-style transfer to be used for any type of crafting. I could see printing this on linen and framing it. And its only a dollar on Etsy!

Well, Easter will be here before we know it, so I better get working on it! How will you decorate for Easter?

No comments:

Post a Comment