Sunday, November 4, 2012

Busy painting for a show


I signed up to be a vendor at my son's school on December 1st. So, I've been furiously painting in the garage to get ready. I want to have a few large pieces on hand to show my custom work, but I also have been working on smaller ticket items, so I can recoup my registration/table fee. Here's some images of the stuff happening in the garage - which is getting pretty crowded these days!

Here's a vanity table I started painting in Paris Grey...before and mid-way in the paint process:




It is done now, but I am waiting to show you the final work, until it's mirror is complete. Here's a shot of the mirror as it is now, but I hope to have it started tomorrow. This will be gorgeous!!


This vanity has a matching dresser and full-size bed, with a ornate headboard and footboard. The headboard is complete. See the before and after photos below!





I started a small set of pedestal occasional tables. They were just your typical brown. Now they are Old White, with heavy distressing. On one of them I repeated a french damask stencil in Coco and distressed it down. I am debating if I want to do this to the other table to make a set. Not sure which would sell better - two of the same, or one like this and one just plain white. What do you think?



I also painted a vintage mirror - I love this - it's really heavy, with a fabulous top! And for being vintage, the mirror glass is in very good shape.




I've also white-washed a few little barn-wood boxes...



And I started painting mini wood trays to make them into cute little black boards. Here's the table of them in progress today, and a finished piece as well.



I thought these would make cute Christmas gifts.

Next on the docket will be pallet-wood signs. We got a shipment of tile not too long ago and it came on a pallet. With my neighbor's help, I dismantled it, saved the wood boards, and began sanding them today. I plan to dry brush them with a combination of grey, white and brown paint, so they look like weathered barn wood. Then I'll transfer or paint words on them, like "Imagine, Faith, Family, etc." I should be able to make about 12 signs.

I've got just under a month to get my hands on more goodies to have at the Gravely show. Very exciting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment